Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Meeting with the Utah Valley University Sound Engineer Classes




The Utah Valley University Sound Engineering classes accepted my concert as their class project this semester. There are 2 classes involved. Mike Wiselan's class will professionally record the concert and Aaron Kopp's class will help with sound enhancement. Mike's got the reputation of having the best program in the state. He has done the grammy awards and does the Sundance Film Festival, so it is humbling for me to think that they would do my little ole concert. Aaron is the CEO of Pol. He is the one who put the entire sound system together for the Covey Center for the arts theatre.

I met with both classes. Mike invited me to come and meet with his class. He had me present the outline for the concert so as a class they could figure out what they needed to start getting ready for. It was a really neat experience seeing experts going to work. I didn't understand 3/4 of what they talked about, but I could tell that the concert was in good hands. During this process, often, I have had others that I have included try and make this concert their own. I knew going in that I wanted it to be true to the dream that all began it and that even though I was grateful, I needed to learn to be assertive and keep it where I really wanted it. I loved that with this class, they didn't pull it away from me, they had me there and the decisions made were to make my dream it's best sound wise with all that they could do. In fact, when I left, I wondered how I got so deserving to have something so great. I never imagined being this blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment