Tuesday, February 8, 2011

UVU Video students offer to help







While meeting with Aaron Kopp's class, I had a student interested in videoing the concert. He gave me his contact information and told me that he belongs to a club where that about 50 students belong to that is outside of class. He said that they created this club because they wanted to have a group and help each other have more opportunities and experiences than what they could get in class. I told him what I needed and when he met with the group, a student named Jorden Nash offered had some interest and offered to meet with me. We met at Orem High and I presented what I was looking for and he presented what he could do. In the process of this meeting, he gave me some ideas of things I hadn't even thought about as far as presenting and staging the concert. I know that throughout this whole experience, I have had a major learning curve. It is like sitting with an expert and understanding 1/3 of what they say. He picked up on that and wrote it out for me in my notebook. I loved that he did that, he wanted me to get it and I wanted to get it. When I did get it, I couldn't believe that I would be so blessed to get to have that kind of expertise guiding parts of this concert. Jorden offered to help. I was so impressed with this young man. He told me that he works for BYU broadcasting and also helps with videoing UVU sports. My only hope is that as big of a blessing as he is going to be to me, I hope that I always keep to the forefront, how I can provide an environment with what I know, so it can also be a blessing in some way to him. When you add another person's dream with your own dream, wow, this becomes really big and really amazing. God, please bless all these people with all that you can for doing this kind thing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment