Thursday, February 11, 2010

First All Cello Orchestra Rehearsal




Saturday, October 9 was the first all cello orchestra rehearsal. I had visited everyone that would let me come, put up posters around town and done everything I could think of to get cellos and now this was the day to find out just where I would be. I hat knots in my stomach for days before hoping people would come. I knew that just because I talked over a hundred people, that I would only get a small percentage, I knew that. But I hoped for alot still. The day arrived. I headed over early to get set up. Cellists started arriving. I didn't have as many as I wanted but I did learn something that day. I learned that I didn't want 100. There is no way that many would really fit as Mr. Keyes and I had thought would. I am thinking more along the lines of 50 or 60 now. I wasn't disappointed with how many, we seemed to of filled the band room still but when I told other how many, I always saw a look of disappointment. I was okay though. I knew now what I had and that I need to roll my sleeves up and get to work. I was right to start early. I also realized that I need more adults and college age kids. The music is more challenging than I thought it would be. I know it will work out- this day was a learning experience and I felt a great success. I also showed pictures to the group of what has happened so far and then showed them the amazing auditorium and stage they will be performing on. I also let them hear a couple of the groups that will be performing. I felt like it was a great success.

No comments:

Post a Comment