Thursday, February 4, 2010

My wish for this Dream........



"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."
~ Henry David Thoreau

  • I hope that my dream touches the lives of my own children. I have always loved the thought: As parents we give our children 2 things. One is Roots. One is Wings. I hope that my children learn from this experience that they too can fly with eagles and reach their dreams because their mom showed them she could do it.
  • I hope that some of the cellists in this experience will be inspired to find their own unique talent with their cello and use their gifts and talents to bless others.

"Some men see things as they are and say 'why'? Others dream things that never were and say 'why not'?"
~ George Bernard Shaw

  • I hope that as I share the song "dream big" and a story about someone who reached their dream with all the cellists at the beginning of every rehearsal, that they will be edified and uplifted from having participated.

  • I hope that the cellists will make new found friendships with each other, that they can enjoy this time with others who have a common talent. I hope they make bonds that last.

"We grow great by dreams.
All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening.
Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true."
~ Woodrow Wilson

  • I hope that the teachers will see that what they do makes a different in a child's life. My dream came from teachers who believed in me and encouraged me and gave me every opportunity possible to be the best I could be.

  • I hope that parents will feel like it was a great opportunity for their child. That they felt like it uplifted them and made them a better person even in small ways having participated in it. I hope that parents will realize that for me this wasn't about the actual performance as much as it was about helping youth become better selves.

"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow in them. "
~ Unknown

  • I hope that all those who so selflessly helped me with things I was lacking in, will be blessed one hundred fold for offering their talents to me.

  • I hope that the amount of people playing the cello will increase in the valley. I hope others will see the beauty and diversity of this instrument and give it a try if they feel inspired to.


"Within your heart, keep one still, secret spot where dreams may go."
~ Louise Driscoll

No comments:

Post a Comment