Wednesday, April 28, 2010

CREATING THE DREAM- What to name the concert?



I had been for months creating the vision of what I wanted the concert to be like, now I just needed to come up with a name. I sat down and wrote down several names. It was kind of a struggle so and I ended up googling cello concert names and made a good list. Here is the original list:

A Celebration of Cellos or Celebrating Cellos
A Night with Cellos
Everything Cello
Journey with Cellos
Not your Ordinary Cello Concert
Cello Sensation
My Cello Rocks
The Cello Scene
Cello Man
Cello Encore

Out of all of those on that original list I liked "A Celebration of Cellos" the best. I wanted to see which one of those names appealed to the most people, so I posted them on my facebook wall and asked my friends which one they liked. There was not one that stood out. People like a variety of names. So I decided to go another route and see if someone in my group of facebook friends could come up with an original name. I knew it would be harder so I offered an incentive. Some really great names came in. Here are some of them.

Emily- Cello Rocks-Everything is turning up cello
Janet-Everything Cello
Sarah- A Celebration of Cellos
David- Everything Cello
Cindy- Everything Cello
LaRena-Chillin with the cellos
Kerri- Chillin with Cellos or A Celebration of Cellos
Leslie- If Cellos could Dance or A Celebration of Cellos
Alicia- Everything Cello
Robert- If Cellos Could Dance or A Cello Runs through it
Leah- A Cello Dream

There were more names from friends but my 4 year old deleted them somehow while playing games on my computer and to them I apologize for not posting there preferences and new names. Everyone's contribution was meaningful for me. Thank you.

I thought that all the names that came in were wonderful. But it was interesting that when Leah's name came in, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I realized that I wanted to name the concert about the Cello and how wonderful of an instrument it is. I also wanted people to know that this was not going to be just an ordinary classical cello concert. But now, with what Leah wrote, I realized that somehow, I needed it to be about my dream also. I put those three things in every possible order to come up with something and ended up with:

"A CELEBRATION OF CELLOS- MY CELLO DREAM." ( A slight edit from Leah's but the meaning still the same) I figured somewhere in the advertising I could put "Not your ordinary cello concert". I posted on facebook the winner and delivered the prize. I was grateful to my friend Leah because it was her suggestion that actually turned the corner for me on the name. The name for me, was a perfect fit for what I am trying to do with all this. Thank you Friends.











No comments:

Post a Comment