Saturday, April 17, 2010

Alton D. Wheelhouse- Arranger/Composer

Larry Blackburn who has arranged music for our concert is getting ready to go to Europe and we had some more music with some deadlines, and I didn't know of anyone to ask for help. I prayed that someone would come into my life that could do this if it were possible because even brainstorming brought no names.

One day, a young man rode Evan's bus and they had a conversation about my concert. I got a call from Evan from his bus, and he was telling me about this young man and his talents with music. He thought he might be able to help us. I paused for a minute trying to see if this was the direction to go in and felt good about it.

Evan made the arrangements with this young man. I didn't know what to expect, but got a call the next day a few minutes prior to the set arrival time from a very friendly voice. He arrived not too much after that and after only 15 minutes with him, I knew he was the one to help. He also told us he was looking for a job and I could tell this might be a win win situation for both of us, timing and everything. What a blessing. I could tell that he had what we needed and miraculously, he had the time. I had other promptings about him, but will save those as they unfold, but feel so blessed to know him and feel grateful to be on the receiving end of his many talents. God truly watches over us and answers our prayers through other people.



This young man's name is Alton D. Wheelhouse. He plays over 50 instruments. He is a singer and composer. The oldest of nine. Placed first in a National championship for Robotics. A fine young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment