Tuesday, April 27, 2010

CREATING THE DREAM- When to have the concert?


When trying to decide on a date, I knew that the final date would depend on several factors. I knew that the where I held the concert and the available dates there would be the biggest.

I also knew that I was dealing with 3 school districts and which included 15 High Schools and two major universities. Dealing with the calendaring in all those with sports practices and games, music lessons, orchestra tours and concerts, school dances and activities and then the kids family life, a daunting task to know if I could actually choose the date I feel I want and then actually see who I will get by the end. I knew one prom could wipe me out of a bunch of cellos even if they had practiced with me for months. It is hard too, because I need to get on the calendar, but no one else really has theirs final either so I only can really plan with Orem High to get the date I want. This will be interesting to see who I start with and who I end with. I am optimistic though.

I also knew that I would have family traveling from out of state who wouldn't travel in snow so I had to figure that in. I also realized that I needed time to do this right, the way I envisioned it.

But mostly, in my quiet moments, I wanted to do this on my birthday, a private gift to myself. Not to be acknowledged by anyone or anything. Just kind of a personal and meaningful thing for me to acknowledge deep inside of me, my dreams and hopes.

Once I thought about my birthday being the date, I hurried and got online to look up the calendar for 2011 to see what day my birthday fell on next year. I couldn't believe it. I had goosebumps like everything was just falling into place. My birthday fell on a Saturday, the very day, I wanted the concert to be on. WOW!

I met with Mr. Keyes and gave him the date I wanted and an alternate. I think March 26 is risky because of Proms and they are a busy month for orchestras as I have found out by trying to get appointments with teachers. I just feel drawn to it. My gut tell me that it is going to be on that date! The school still has to approve it and there is alot that could happen to go wrong on that date, but inside, I feel a peace that it is meant to be on that date and that it will all work out!

The Orem High teachers meet the end of the month to calendar, so I will find out soon.

WE GOT THAT DATE!!!!!!!!!!! MARCH 26, 2011 it is!!!! Wahoooooooo



No comments:

Post a Comment