Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hiring a photographer for cello pictures



Brianna Dickerson is an amazing High School young woman who lives in my neighborhood, who loves photography and wants to do it professionally. She once asked if she could shadow the photographer for our sons wedding so she could get some more experience. I loved her pictures so much, I decided to hire her to do the pics for my cello concert.





The first thing we did was have her get some pictures of my new cello. I had been on google image searching for pictures of cellos and have 3 ideas come from that search that I wanted her to try. One was a bunch of cellos of various sizes on a tropical back ground. I liked that because it was dramatic, AND I since I wanted it to have a group of cellos since the concert would have many. I liked the tropical back ground but really wanted a background from somewhere local. Brianna told me that she had taken some pictures of Mt. Timpanogus. It it the mountain I look out my front living room window at every day. The concert is in March so she showed the picture she had taken in March so the picture will show the mountain and how it looks about the same time as the concert. She placed the cellos on the picture of the mountains and this is what she came up with.

Kudos Brianna. It exceeded my expectations. Thanks for using your passion, photography to make my passion, the cello SHINE! I look forward to our other ideas that we are doing soon...
briannanicholephotography.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment