Monday, April 19, 2010

Meeting With Pleasant Grove High School Cellists


On March 30, 2010, I met at 8:50 am at the tail end of first period orchestra class with their cellists. I was a little bit early and so I sat and listened outside the door. The orchestra was playing a piece of music I hadn't heard and it was awesome. The choir was singing next door and I felt immersed in music. A girl went inside the door to the orchestra room so I followed so that Mr. Beck would know that I was here. He finished the piece of music and dismissed his cellists to follow me. He had me take the students into the hall and we found a place and I told my story and gave them my presentation. They all seemed excited, a few asked if they could still be in it if they were graduating. I asked them if they would still be in the area, they both said they were going to BYU. BYU students are invited also, so I said of course. One cellist wanted to ask his parents and I felt like it went really well. The next period started at 9:10 I believe and the next group of cellists came into the hall and I gave the same presentation. Mr. Beck joined them near the end and was able to see what I am doing. He gave me positive feedback, I was very pleased, the students that wanted to signed up. Two didn't but that was okay. This is for those that want to. The teacher did quietly ask me if the kids would have any expense. I told him no. I found the cellists at Pleasant Grove High School fun and smart and I look forward to getting to know them better. We are in for a treat having them in our concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment