Monday, April 19, 2010

Meeting with Timpview High School Cellists



Mr. Allred so graciously accommodated me meeting with his students. He told me I could meet with his cellists at Timpview on Friday at 10:20. I arrive early and as I was waiting in the hall outside the orchestra room, a huge group of cellists walked by and headed into the orchestra room. I followed them into the room. Mr. Allred wanted me to let him know when I arrived so I did. When he had completed class, he told his cellos to pack up their cellos and go to the small orchestra room and for me to follow them. I was so surprised how many cellists this school had. It was the biggest by far and all from one class. We didn't have as much time as I have had at others schools, but we took advantage of what we had. The presentation was quick and I collected information and ended up calling most of them on the phone since I post results tomorrow. These kids are busy with lots of things. I did have a good amount interested in the concert and look forward to working with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment