Monday, April 26, 2010

DEDICATION: KEITH RAY HENRIE MY FATHER

DEDICATION

Keith Ray Henrie
November 29, 1926-December 13, 2002


I am dedicating this concert to my dad, Keith Ray Henrie. My dad loved music! It is from him that I gained my love for music. He was an amazing pianist who played by ear and he was also amazing on the guitar. We spent hours together playing and singing. That was "my thing" with my dad. Music!!! Thanks for that great gift of music in my life dad! No one knows the sacrifices you and mom made so I could have the cello experience I had. I know though. You truly gave me my wings and I hope you always felt like it was worth it.

Here are the words to a song my dad taught me, it was "our song".

"Your my friend when I'm lonely,
Your my shelter from troubled winds,
Your my anchor in life's ocean,
But most of all, your my best friend!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Janice this is wonderful. I love the picture of your Dad. Brings back lots of great childhood memories. Good for you for making his and your dream come true.

    ReplyDelete